Your Cotacol Bucket listEnable strava integration for the full experience !
How it all started
The COTACOL is a belgian reference book about cycling uphill, made by Daniel Gobert and Jean-Pierre Legros in 1989. In it are descriptions of the thousand toughest climbs for cyclists.
Each climb is described by several facts: name, a short description, height, grade, length, what state the road surface is in, average climbing time for an amateur or a professional road cyclist.
The combined authors measured 1.869.800 km, rode up a height of 112.396 meters and measured nearly 30.000 data points to compose this book. Each hill has a so-called COTACOL score. This score is determined using several parameters: grade, length, road surface. A higher score means a tougher climb.
More than 30 years later, some cycling & tech enthousiasts virtually got together and built apps, web sites and integrated with Strava, so that the modern cyclist can now plan rides to conquer as much Cotacols as possible and automatically flag them when integrating with Strava.
- Koen did Côte de Bohan-Sud, Côte de Conrad, La Voie Jocquée and 1 more yesterday
- Julien did Côte de Hermalle-sous-Huy yesterday
- AUGUSTIN did Route Merveilleuse and Côte du Hordin 2 days ago
- Francesco did Moskesstraat 2 days ago
- amaury did Côte du Bois Eloi, La Tailette, La Croisette and 10 more 2 days ago
- Jo did Côte du Hornay, Côte de Niaster, Côte de la Redoute and 2 more 2 days ago
- Ewald did Paolaberg 4 days ago
- Wim did Promenade du Val d'Argent 4 days ago
- Raphaël did Bosberg and Congoberg 4 days ago
- Vincent did Côte du Beau Vallon and Côte de Loyers 4 days ago
- Christophe did Mont-Saint-Aubert Sud-Ouest 4 days ago
- Louis did Mogimont, Route du Christ, Vieille Route de France and 3 more 4 days ago
- Gehan did Kuiperenberg 5 days ago
- Jena did Smeysberg and Langeheide 5 days ago
- Filip did Wijndries and Roeselberg 5 days ago
- Jef did Congoberg 5 days ago
- Augustin did Côte de la Haute-Marlagne and Fond de Nîmes 5 days ago
- Jan did Heideberg and Meesberg-Noord 5 days ago
- Stephan did Krekelenberg 5 days ago